Monday, December 27, 2010

Communication Issues, Ashes, Pakistan and the Queen

And a rushed Good Morning to you!  Hope you had a great Christmas.  I'm still having communication/internet issues and it's very difficult to post.  But I simply must give you some quick gossips.

1.  The Ashes.  Yes I went yesterday to the MCG and watched Australia get slaughtered by those English Roast Beefs!  All that booing you heard was for Ricky Ponting being a poor sport.  The booing was not for Aleem Dar, the umpire.  All of the australians in the audience supported Aleem Dar's decisions; they found Ponting's arguing with the umpire to be disgraceful, hence the booing.  My vote for man of the match is definetley Aleem Dar!   I took a whole bunch of photos, which I will be posting later when I get my normal internet connection speed!  However, if you're curious, I have posted some of the pics at SportPulse. 

http://www.sportpulse.net/

There are also the shots of all of the Australia Squad and England Squad which I took on Dec 23 at the Ashes Vodaphone Ashes Christmas Celebration.  Yes, I got to meet all of the players!  I'll gossip more about that in a later post.

2.  Pakistan lost the first T20 to New Zealand on the 26th.  The match was very enjoyable to watch, and you could tell that Pakistan was just warming up!  So that means the next T20 they'll do better!  YES!  YES!  I've missed my Pakistan and it's so good to see them in action again!  I'm looking forward to some Gullification later on today wooohoooooooooooooooooooo!

3.  My new sports hero is The Queen of England.  Yes, you read that right.  Queen Elizabeth, the modern day champion of sports, gave her annual Christmas speech on the 25th and spoke for quite a while about the importance of sport in everyday life and how sport is essential for bringing together people of different countries, religions, and beliefs.  The Queen is subtly protesting the sports funding cuts that the UK government has implemented in the last little while.  So sports fans and athletes, we have a wonderful patron and I say Good on ya, Queen Elizabeth!  You Rock and may you reign for another hundred years

No cooking for today, but as soon as I can, in honour of the Queen of Great Britain, I'll show you how to make good, old fashioned Scottish Shortbread which goes perfectly with pakistani dhudhpatti.  Have a good one!

Happy Cricket!  Happy Internet (yeah right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, and no abuse. We're all here for a good time, not a bad time!