Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Lovely Lads of Pakistan Can Do No Wrong, Except Lose a Match or Two.

Yeah, yeah.  I know, it's been a while.   First things first:  My loveliest lads of the Pakistan Cricket Team have drawn the test series in their tour of the Windies.  YES!  Misbah ul-Haq, my bestest batting darling, banged out a big fat juicy 102 runs, but get this...Taufeeq Umar scored a gigantic 135 runs in the second innings before getting run out by Sammy.  OMGGGGGGGGGGG I am so ticked off that they didn't show this on TV here!  Why do I pay so much for cable when I can't see what I want?  Gah!

Anyways, the handsome fellas known as the PCT showed those Windies a lesson in test match cricketry by winning with a 196-run margin.  Good on ya my lovely lads!

So here's the summary of what's happened during Pakistan's tour of the West Indies:
In the first and only T20, the Windies won, but then Pakistan went ahead and won the ODI series 3-2.  Pakistan lost the first test, but won the second.  So all in all, not a bad tour, but there is always room for improvement.  Next stop for the lads is Ireland, and hopefully they'll show that on cable TV, but I'm not counting on it. 

Anyways, I'll just mention again how much I looooooooooooooove Misbah ul-Haq.  His batting is just so dreamy!

He walks in beauty, like the night
   Of cloudless climes and stars that shine at
 all that's best of dark and bright
   Meet in his aspect and his bat:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
   Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
(apologies to Lord Byron)
Right.  I'm posting twice today.  Because I have a lot on my mind.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, and no abuse. We're all here for a good time, not a bad time!