Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Thunderbirds of Pakistan, Victorious after the Chaos

And it is rainin' cats and dogs in Melbourne this fine morning, and I say fine morning because last night my lovely lads on the Pakistan Cricket Team played one cracker of a match against New Zealand.  Not only did they win the match, Pakistan won the series!  It is the first series they've won in New Zealand in ages, and I am still buzzing from the victory.  When the squad started chanting Pakistan Zindabad, I started chanting it too!

Right on Chaps!  Way to show the world you can bounce back from anything! It's so good to see you emerging victorious from the chaos of 2010 like the Thunderbird (phoenix) rising from the flames.  Good on ya, and I can't wait for tomorrow's match.
Artist Bill Reid's Thunderbird, like Pakistan, emerging victoriously from the Flames of Chaos

What a great game; Shehzad got his maiden century, the bowling was tidy, the teamwork was splendid and there were lots of great camera shots of Wahab Riaz!  YES!   The lads looked like they were having a grand old time out there, working as a unit and making all of us proud.  Shabash!

No cooking for today because I'm experimenting.  That's right, the World Cup is coming up and I'm learning some more dishes to celebrate this international event.  But have no fear, tomorrow I'll post another traditional daal dish which is just the thing for homesick french-canadians.  Intrigued?  You should be!

Have a good one, I'm going to be smiling all day long today.  You should too!  Congrats lads, you certainly put in the hard work for your victory.  Hope you're all swimming in happiness!

Happy Cricket!  Happy Pakistan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, and no abuse. We're all here for a good time, not a bad time!