Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fawad Alam's Ceviche Yucateco for T20's

Fawad Alam is a very good young batsman on the Pakistan team.   He has a good batting style (he got a flipping  century in his first away test match), and I think he’s as cute as a button.  Recently, on another website, someone was giving him a lot of flack because he happens to resemble the beautiful Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. 

I think they’re both good-looking.  So, in honour of their …uh…good-lookingness,  I have decided to rename one of my favourite Mexican dishes Fawad Alam’s Ceviche Yucateco.
1 finely diced onion
4 or 5 finely diced tomatoes
1 bunch finely chopped coriander (that’s cilantro for those of us from the Americas)
1 or more finely diced green chili (jalapenos, serrano pepper or chile de arbol if you’re in the Americas)
Juice of 4 or more limes
Salt to taste
300 gr or more of cooked shrimp and/or cooked fish and/or cooked seafood

Mix everything together.
Refrigerate 1 hour
Eat with totopos (corn tortillas cut into chips and deep-fried), commercial tortilla chips or roti cut into chips and deep-fried.
 I really hope Fawad Alam gets to try this ceviche...I'd be really honoured if he wrote to me in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, and no abuse. We're all here for a good time, not a bad time!