Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Quick Shout Out to Two Friends

Good morning!  It's Australia Day here, and I'm celebrating by watching the Australia / England ODI and the Pakistan / New Zealand ODI.  Hopefully my lovely lads have eaten well and are ready to smash the kiwis to smithereens!

Today I won't get the chance to write about making your own lal mirch or tamarind chutney, but I want to do something important:  I want to give a shout out to two of my friends.  First off...a shout out goes to Syed Fahd Ali who gives me advice on cultural appropriateness and keeps me up-to-date with the Pakistan cricketers' nicknames!  Thanks Fahd!  You're awesome and you're going to be a fantastic journalist!

Second shout out goes to Zubair Afzal who's been reading my blog from the beginning and always gives me very helpful advice!  Thanks Zubair.  You're golden!  Good luck on your exams and score some 100's!

Right, so if you have some friends who've helped you along, go say thanks or do something nice for them!

Have a good one, and let's cheer on our lovely lads as loud as we can!

Happy Eating, Happy Cricket!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, and no abuse. We're all here for a good time, not a bad time!